Skip to main content

Lighten Up!

Life is all about how we handle our experiences, and guess what?? Life is so fun when we lighten up! Obviously, that is easier said than done, but focusing on the happy things in life really does make a difference. Recently I heard something that I absolutely love and that is to "act how you want to feel."  By no means is that asking you to fake your emotions or lie to yourself, it simply means to have a good attitude and in turn, you will feel good. I have been trying to "act how I want to feel" for the past couple weeks, and IT WORKS. Now, I have not been a ray of sunshine all the time, but whenever I start to think negatively I can consciously switch my thinking to positive! We often forget that we have control over how we feel, and nothing makes us feel a certain way. Afterall, no hardship should be able to dim our inner light, and I truly believe that true beauty is found when we glow from within.

It also helps if we physically surround ourselves with things that brighten our day. Here are some super easy ways to lighten up life:

-paint your nails a bright color
-open up the blinds and let all the sunshine in
-string fairy lights in your room
-light a candle
-listen to music that makes you want to dance
-wear your favorite color
-whiten your teeth
-watch your favorite movie
-smile more
-watch the sunrise/sunset
-make lemonade
-LET YOUR INNER LIGHT SHINE

To brighten up my day I dyed my own hair! Yes, you read that right. I have always wanted my hair to be a little lighter, and I love trying new things. So I drug my boyfriend to Target with me on Friday night, picked up some hair color, mustered my courage, and did it myself. AND IT TURNED OUT. I will link the color I used and the Youtube tutorial I based my technique off of. Hair Dye I UsedYoutube Tutorial I Used








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YOU Are All the Things.

This summer has been the busiest one yet. I've been working 60-80 hours a week all while applying to business school and trying to be a normal human. This has been my first time to really think in about three months and the most pressing thought on my mind is that I am enough, and so are you.  I found out a few days ago that I was accepted into my program and I literally have no idea how I did it, but I did. I honestly don't know how I juggled psycho boys, school, work, sleep, church, exercise etc....BUT I did. I don't know if this clean Alaskan air is making me cooky or if I just realized something that is a "duh" for everyone else in their life, but it really smacked me in the face that I am kind of a bada**. I CAN DO HARD THINGS! Wait, really? I think its time that we all step back and realize that we are doing a lot better than we think we are because I'll let you in on a little secret, if someone tells you they have their crap together, they're ly

Happy New Year!

I love the new year with all my heart. Watching the clock turn from 11:59 to 12:00 has become an almost spiritual experience for me, and I completely believe in leaving it all behind and starting fresh as soon as the clock strikes midnight. I was recently talking to a friend about how life is kind of like this little thing I learned in physics called the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle. In a nutshell, the principle says that you cannot simultaneously know the position and momentum of something, instead, you either know one or the other. To visualize, imagine a huge map of the United States. On this map, you can see your little pinpoint on the map, but you do not know exactly how fast you are going--you only know your position. On the other hand, imagine the map zoomed way in on your location. You do not know your relation to big landmarks on the map, but you know how fast you are going--you know your momentum.  Now take the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle, and think about it

An Attitude of Gratitude

Holy moley. Time seriously flys, and I can't believe that Thanksgiving is here and the semester is almost over. I have been thinking a lot about my future lately and amidst all the uncertainty, I keep coming back to the simple fact that I am grateful. I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to go to college, to suceed in the subjects that I like, and to have a family that is very supportive of me. Earlier this week I got caught up in all the things that I DON'T have, and let me tell you, if you ever want to feel like trash, go ahead and do some comparing. It all started with some stress I had over a midterm and then it spiraled into me telling my mom that if I didn't get an A on this test I would never get into business school which would mean I would not have a good career and then I was never going to get married and yada yada whatever. Needless to say, I had the worst attitude ever for about three hours on Tuesday morning. Thankfully, I did very well on my te